Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting Ready to make potpourri

I have been busy collecting flowers for my potpouuri - some of my favorites are the sweet smelling pink  roses, some blue and pink larkspur, lemon balm lots of  lavender and red bergamont.


Here is a Basic Lavender Potpouuri recipe from "The Pleasure of Herbs":


Add 1 quart lavender blossom to 3 T. orris root pre-mixed with 10 drops of lavender oil


Variations:


Add a cup or two of dried lilac, larkspur,
cornflower, or any floral blossoms for an additional color,
or rose petals for fragrance, plus double the amount of orris root and oil


A tablespoon of ground cloves will add a spicy touch.
1/2 cup ground vanilla beans will sweeten the blend.
A cup of bergamot leaves and/or mint will add fresh liveliness.

I can't wait to get all my blossoms dried and put together for a wonderful fragrant potpouuri.

No comments:

Post a Comment