Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Storytellers

     These storytellers were packed away in a drawer and I found them recently - brought back some memories of Santa Fe and Taos trips and some of the backroads in New Mexico.  Then I had to check around for some books on the Southwest.  I have read a lot about Eppie Archuleta who was a very famous weaver and received many awards for her work.
     This "lady" has been on my shelf it seems forever, but I decided to take her picture and in doing that I got a really good look at her face.  Isn't she something?  I found her in a little shop on one of the backroads we traveled. 

One day many years ago while wondering around the Plaza in Santa Fe, there was an artist painting a picture of the LaFonda Hotel with the church in the background and when he finished I asked him if I could buy it - he said no, but he would like to give it to me.  (Needless to say, this was a VERY long time ago).  Here is the picture.
Lots of nice memories of New Mexico in years past. 

2 comments: